Saturday, June 12, 2010

Happy Birthday!

I will continue loving while I am waiting. And whatever comes, I will still love. Because perfect love casts out all fears.

I was awakened by my phone ringing at 11 o'clock in the morning. I looked at the screen and saw it blinking with an unregistered number in my phonebook. "A greeting from a long lost friend," I thought. When I answered, it was not a long lost friend, but a friend who I have known just recently.

"Ate Jam bakit ganyan ang boses mo?" Brezh asked from the other line. "Kakagising ko lang e," I responded. He passed the phone to Alexis who greeted me as well. After an exchange of a few words, we ended the call. I lied down again and checked my messages - 8 new messages, mostly greetings from friends. My brother entered, and he greeted me as well.

After lunch, I checked my Facebook account and saw lots and lots and lots of greetings from acquaintance and close friends alike. It took me about four clicks to the "older posts" before I reached the first greeting. I scrolled up and down and thanked all. My Smart and Globe phones continued ringing and beeping for calls and text messages. Even people I don't know sent me a greeting - thanks to Katrush, an OJT friend, who told her friends to greet me to make my day more shiny. And yes, it did.

Mama went out with her response to me, "Secret! Hindi naman kailangan lahat lakad ko alam niyo kung saan" upon being asked where would she come. When she came back, she was holding a big box of cake and a gallon of ice cream - a pleasant suprise! "Pasecre-secret pang nalalaman!" I hummed to her. "Siyempre!" she answered with a hug and a juicy kiss on my cheek. I blew my Birthday candles with my cousin Ize sweetly singing a Happy Birthday to me, and murmured wishes and hopes for my 21 years of fantastic life with and from the Lord.

Greetings continued up until before I signed out of my Facebook. I had yet again another celebration in the simplest, sweetest way (the night before I was with my best friend until 2 in the morning, hanging out at Greenbelt to catch up).

I just celebrated my 21st birthday. Thank you, Lord, for another year! 

**********

Currently waiting for my first work for a career start-up, for more love, for more blessings. And my mantra for this:  

I will continue loving while I am waiting. And whatever comes, I will still love. Because perfect love casts out all fears.

As Paul's letter to the Corinthians say, "So Faith, hope love remain: these three. But the greatest of this is Love".

No comments:

Post a Comment