Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Night at the Plaza Mayor

(written on a Saturday, December 13, 2008)

I sat at the Plaza Mayor grounds, staring at the countless minute bulbs hanging at the Main Building. It was such a beautiful sight: scattered star-like lights flickering here and there, it's as if fireworks have been continuously being displayed at the building's facade. The brighter lights vividly form shapes and pictures which seem to paint the building like an apparition of colors from afar.

I sat there with two of my workmates-cum-close friends. I asked myself: How many seconds are still remaining before I could hitch my last ride towards home? How many times would I, Judy and Wado do this to ease the stresses that we are having? Up until when will the lights of this building endow beauty in the surroundings? Up until when will the lights be displayed to illuminate this place and grant serenity to everyday's end?

Up until when. Up until when. Up until when. All of my questions pointed to one thing: Time is limited, and alongside this limitation is the fact that everything in this world has its beginning, middle and end. I remembered Kuya Alfred (TZZS Headwriter and UPCAT Indie Film Writer) telling earlier during our Scriptwriting workshop, "Ganon naman e... Ang lahat ng bagay ay may beginning, middle and end."

We stood up, realizing that it was getting late. The day was about to end. Two hours and so would be the borderline between today and tomorrow. And so every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

We all walked towards the EspaƱa gate. I waited in vain for a text message that came very late.

And so I called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment