Tuesday, August 3, 2010

35 "Likes" at 1:52 am, August 3

34 likes and 29 comments were the hits for my Facebook activity Jamelle went from being "single" to in a relationship. There were some friends who even message-d me, texted me, and chatted me to confirm this. All of them responded with a positive note: "I'm very happy for you!"
As of 1:10 am, August 3 (Tuesday)
Hours before I turned into a "girlfriend" from being "single", I was really distracted and confused with the feeling that I have. I have been in an irony: the period of courtship is too short, so if I gave a "yes" and answer with a 'too' to the three-word, eight-letter phrase - that is oftentimes mistaken as a question other than an expression - I could be dubbed as an easy-to-get girl. In addition, I was afraid it would be very easy for my guy to ditch me off; as the popular cliche says, "The longer the courtship, the stronger the relationship would be." 

On the other hand, though, I felt this strong distraction would already be a good go-signal to elevate our good-friendship-level to a higher one. Anyway, I would not get as distracted and uneasy as this if it did not really matter.

It was too good to be in a silent recollection for a ministry I joined to in our community while having this dilemma. Honestly, all throughout my supposed 5-hour-silence-with-God, I had this issue in my subconscious. I was thinking as well of this good friend - see how distracted I was? The more I tried to count out the thought, the stronger it has become.

Until the point of reality struck in: I must admit that I have already loved and cared enough. Upon pondering on the friendship that I have built, the omens from the heavens as to how this has been a sweet blessing for both of us, and the significance that I have placed on whatever we have at the moment, I gave in. My heart whispered a question to the One Above; it answered with a positive silence. This positive silence I equated to peace that I have felt within me.

So it happened. In a minute, I've got a boyfriend. In a minute, I've responded to a sweet "YES" to a relationship that shall be built in trust, understanding and firm knowledge of each other.

In a minute, I've discarded fears and took risks. In a minute, I felt I have grown to be more responsible, more mature.

We all learn from failed relationships and failed friendships. What's so good about a surpassed pain is you never want to repeat the mistakes you have committed when someone better comes along. And so I must do.

Back to my Facebook activity. Apparently, another one liked it, and another  one commented. So at 1:52 am, the "Likes" already reached 34, comments at 29. I would want to like it as well, but I don't have the habit of "liking" my own posts and statuses. But if I was at other people's shoes, knowing the person that I have been, I would "like" it as well. That would make it 35.


Be it as it may, courtship does not end in a minute, in 34 likes and 28 comments. 

It continues, so as the getting-to-know between us. As long as we care, as long as we hope.  As long as we believe. As long as we love.

NinJa (NiƱo and Jam): officially in a relationship on July 31, 2010 (Saturday, 7:30 pm).

No comments:

Post a Comment