Monday, August 2, 2010

It’s a Pleasure talking to my Younger Self

I listened to my younger self – and have seen Jam’s beauty years back– when I turned to my past blog posts and read it one by one. I was supposed to browse my e-mail to check possible job-related updates, as well as see my Facebook account for latest notifications, messages and friend requests; however, our internet connection was down (for an entire day now, as my brother noticed). And so, I did not have any other choice than to browse files in my folder in the desktop to entertain my self – and redeem it from the irritation that I feel because of the down connection. Fortunately, my past blog posts did.

I listened to my younger self as I read my past blog posts. I realized, I wholly owned the fulfillment of my dreams, and was a true idealist in terms of issues and circumstances. I was a firm believer of good habits and good practices – loathing smoking, trying to redeem a friend from her depression, writing interminably to express thoughts, faithfully doing homeworks, responding to duties as a student leader, studying hard to retain dean’s lister’s status, setting goals and persevering to achieve it. Meditating on own and other people’s actions, contemplating on plans and decisions for great results. I must say, If I was a reader who had chanced upon THAT old blog in the years 2006, 2007 and 2008, I will be awed by the views of THAT girl and the big potential that she has in expressing her self through writing.

Apparently, I was THAT girl. That was why I really enjoyed reading those.

Consequently, I have seen how beautiful I was years back – inside and out. I clearly remember that I lost big pounds and reached my slimmest stature during those times – when I wore the fittest blouses and skinniest jeans. I also had my smoothest skin at those; thanks to the 30 pieces of Met that I drank, and the restful state that I had. Above all, I saw the beauty that I have within: optimism, value for responsibility, and fear of the Lord. And high level of passion that I have in my tasks and craft.

What a wonderful girl. It was me years back.

If being reminiscent of the past is tantamount to getting older and acquiring age, then I must admit that I am. And at this moment, I fully appreciated who I have been in the years that passed, and I would strive to be the sweet, responsible girl that I have been once again. Doing that, I would never tire.

I have been inspired by my younger self. It’s a pleasure talking to my younger self.

No comments:

Post a Comment