Thursday, November 10, 2011

If Only I Can


Today, I want to run to a place where there is absolute silence. Where I can hear nothing than the hush of the breeze, the falling autumn leaves, and the humming of the birds. Where I can feel the embrace of the sky amid a thick, cold fog, and take in the freshest air on earth. Where I can smell the pure, undefiled scent of the flowers and witness the magnificence of their differing colors, hues, and textures. Where I can just lie down on a bed of green, fresh grasses, and feel the hearth beneath me. Or where I can simply find refuge from a sturdy tree and sit on its bark as I write down the words that seem to flow like the water on a river.

There are days when you want to escape the world you are in and find peace and serenity in a seemingly superficial yet real place. 

Today, I want to keep silent, be still, and pray with all my might.

If only I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment