Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Catch-ups and truths

I haven't seen my CG (caring group) friends for quite a while, and tomorrow I will be spending a night with them for a monthly sharing and meet.

There's a lot of catching up to do. From my last session with them, everyone was healthy, happy, and hopeful. As of Facebook news, text blast, and brief hi-hello-how-are-you, Patty - who has been a mighty, committed servant of God along with her family - is now fighting cancer. Ate Lissy and her boyfriend have stepped up for another level of lifetime companionship, willingly taking part in the Discovery Weekend. Gigi has joined a group of Bible-lovers who studies the Holy Bible in depth. The others, uhm, I barely know anything about them anymore.

Me? Let me put it this way.

Ate Lissy has given us a homework. 

Write down your own reflection answers then share natin:
1. What makes you wake up each morning?
2. What's your one big question to: yourself, others (identify to whom), God. Why?

If I have to answer these with no holds barred, I would straightforwardly share my current state of love and life and how this has been bringing light to my daily struggles and chores. I would tell them who I am committed to, who I love, and with whom I want to share my infinity. I would tell them what I want to ask her, and what I would also ask myself in relation to her, which I guess, in the end, I will still be unable to answer myself. 

But I know, everything will put a frown on their faces. Their blank stares will eat me up like a lion preying on a snake in the jungle. They will treat whatever I have right now as a disease that has to be cured.

Only a few people will understand. Even among my closest friends -- not all of them do. 

So I will probably give them answers that won't touch on what -- I believe -- they are unprepared for and will never want to hear. But I will still be real and true in sharing-- in other life aspects, at that.

But if you ask me right now.

Yes, I am in love. I am loving. And I am holding on.

Never letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment