Wednesday, February 19, 2014

On dawn of Wednesday

I should have been asleep by now.

Should have been.

Apparently, I am still wide awake. I actually feel more awake at 2:30 A.M. than 9 A.M.

For the past hour, I have been browsing stuff that I have never done in maybe about half a year.  I am now being real about my attempt to expand my territory and look beyond the horizon. There are potential targets, though I know very well, it is still too early to aim at them. I still have months to count, hundreds of stories to write about, tens of thousands of nagging stories and gossips to hear, and millions of explicit and surreptitious insults to bear with. And a deep -- very deep -- well of patience and optimism to dig on earth where all I can hear are vague, fearful voices of all sorts.

Yes, I should have been asleep by now.

Should have been.

But I feel a lump in my throat that wants to burst into tears and dry up as humid vapor in cold dawn.

I want to cry. And shout my heart out.

Will you heed my pleading?

No comments:

Post a Comment